Analytics QA Engineer
Revel is a next gen healthcare technology company that is challenging convention by reimagining what’s possible. We believe the way healthcare traditionally communicates with people is broken. So we’re reinventing it. We’re replacing stone age practices with friendly conversations powered by smart technology and AI. We’re putting data to work for healthcare like every other industry on the planet. Because we can do better. Join us.
If you’re a change maker who wants to make a difference in healthcare, read on.
About the Role
We are seeking a skilled, motivated and energetic Quality Engineer to join our Analytics and Data Management engineering team. This role will include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions, and working with the latest technologies including S3, EMR, Redshift and Lambda. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.). This position will have a direct impact on our success by helping to create our next generation product suite.
- Create automated tests to ensure the quality of our platform
- Help establish best practice to test with data and analytics
- Participate in an agile team to deliver technology products
- Write clear, concise Test Cases.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Create and perform thorough regression tests
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. engineers, product managers, data scientists) to ensure we are building a cohesive platform
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Follow established best practices established by the team to ensure quality and timely delivery
- Able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals.
- Team oriented; you have a desire to win, but win as a team
- Creative; you love finding creative solutions to challenges
- Curious; excited about learning as well as applying critical thinking
- Multiple years of professional hands-on experience writing automated tests with languages such as Java, C#, Python or similar
- Experience developing with and writing queries for RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience with source control
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and cross-functional teams
- Hands-on experience with Selenium
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with JSON structures and data generation
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- A continuous deployment mindset
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
What's in it for You
- 401k with highly competitive company contribution
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible time off
- Mobile phone and parking benefits
- Contemporary, open work space located in the North Loop
- Free beverages, healthy snacks, and great coffee
- Fun work environment with innovative, smart, kind people who like to win
We’d love to learn more about you! Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, or any other status protected by state or local law, for qualified applicants who fall within the jurisdiction of such law.
*Candidates must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
**In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form (I-9) upon hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.